
One day we were home and we needed to run a bunch of errands. So we headed out and got them all accomplished. We were near steak and shake and I thought it might be fun to stop in and get a shake for the kiddos to share as a special treat. We went in and I told them what we were going to get and they all asked me what a shake was. Oh fun!!!! We never get treats like this so I am so glad we did it. The kids were so excited they could hardly stand themselves. It took them a minute to figure out how they were all going to have just one shake. They each wanted their own. We spent a few minutes taking turns and passing the shake around, but you can imagine how that went. So I finally told them all to put their straws in and slurp away! That added to the fun.

It may have been a small thing to do, but it turned into a big memory~one that the kids will take with them. Reminds me to stop and spend the time to appreciate the little things in life.

We had a slip n slide, but it broke this summer, so we went on a mission to find a new one. Jackson spotted this one and really wanted it. I agreed that it would be a riot and we brought it home. It works out perfectly that they each have their own little slide. Once again... it's the little things in life that bring so much happiness.

I just want to gobble those chubby little bunsers right up!!!!

And of course there is the trek to Home Depot. I usually only need a couple of things, but end up spending at least an hour in the store because the kiddos find so many fun thigs to do. Today they decided that they needed to "ride" on every tractor.



Last year we painted pots and planted flowers that they picked out. We saved the pots and went to the green house again this year and the kids picked out what flowers they wanted. They definately had some interesting choices, but I left it up to them. We came home and the kiddos planted their own pots.


Avery is one creative child. She can play by herself for hours if her brother and sister let her! Today she decided that she was having "ring races" and apparently the rain boots were a must!

What a cutie!!
1 comments:
Jill - your kids are adorable! I had fun going back and reading all your entries. Thanks for sharing! 'Aunt' Marva
Post a Comment