In June the girls went for their annual week of swimming lessons. I wanted Jaidey to have a refresher course because she is so nervous in the water, and Avery I had originally planned on doing two weeks for her to improve her skills. The girls were actually excited about going to see Ms. Rita and swimming.

Avery had a rough time the first day. The rule is that the moms have to go in the house if their kiddos cry. I had anticipated staying out and watching the whole time, but Avery started crying. I was shocked. So in the house I headed. Aves continued to cry the whole time she was in the water. I could not figure out why. She is our little fish. On the way home I asked her why she cried and she told me that it was because Ms. Rita helped her swim and held her head in the water. I told her that if she did it good for Ms. Rita she wouldn't have to hold her head anymore. So ms. attitude said "I'm gonna tell Ms. Rita I'm a big girl and that I will do it ALL BY MYSELF!" So sure enough the next day she told Ms Rita she could do it good all by herself and Ms. Rita let her go and didn't hold onto her. And Avery swam like a fish and didn't cry. Ms. Rita never held her again and Aves never cried again!!!

Off the diving board she went the next day and swam her way to the ladder. Avery has been blessed with awesome swimming skills. By the 3rd day she was swimming the length of the pool (I'm talking from the end of the deep to into the shallow!) Because of her size and age I think that people just assume she can't swim very well and I think that is what happened with Ms. Rita also. Sometimes if frustrates Aves and she just wants to go, go, go!

Last summer Jaidey was very timid in the water. She didn't like to get her face in water and never went without swimmies. So I was hoping lessons this year would build her confidence. It most certainly did. She is a whole new girl. She was floating, jumping off the side and also swimming the length of the pool. She did amazing!!

The girls are learning how to do jelly fish floats.


Jaidey loved jumping off the diving board. This year she truly enjoyed it and had fun with it instead of just doing it because she had to.


During the girls lessons Ms. Rita lets Jackson swim around in the pool. So, he loves going to lessons also!

All in all a successful week and two happy girls. We only did one week this summer. Both the girls did so well that they didn't need a second week. I'm almost sad to say it..... but I think that this may have been our last time attending swimming lessons with Ms. Rita. We have truly enjoyed them and I am so thankful for her and all of her work. I would highly recommend her!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment