One thing that we do not do a lot of is boating out at sandy pines. We don't have a boat and so we just play at the beach and watch the boats go by. On a Sunday afternoon our friends Adam and Lindsey brought their boat out and stopped by the beach to take us for a ride. The kiddos were so excited. Adam took us around the whole lake and showed us all the trailors from the lakes point of view. We even stopped and were able to jump off the boat and do a little swimming. It was a new experience for us and one that we all truly enjoyed. Maybe we should get a boat....... or not!

On a rainy day at home we decided that no bake cookies sounded good. So, I put the kids to work. I told them that it was their project and they had to work together to get it done. Much to my suprise they all agreed and set off working. Jackson read all the ingredients and the girls gathered them. Then we measured everything and got to work. They all took turns stirring, because apparently "thats the most fun part."

A little teamwork is always good to see.

And maybe a little goofing around by the one we call Bubba! It took awhile and a big mess was made, but we had 3 very proud little ones when the cookies were all done and ready to eat!

After the cookies were eaten it was time to play. It was decided that playdoh was the thing to do.

It may seem odd that I am posting pics of the kids just sitting there playing, but it means alot to me. It is not often that all 3 of the kids sit down and play nice together. So, I have to document it when I can so that I remember that it really is possible!!

And on to our next project. We are painting the girls bedroom because they decided that blue just would not do! They needed pink for their girl room! Of course I agreed.....so it was time to paint. First we had to prime the walls. In a moment of weakness I agreed to let them help me paint. Hmmmmm.... what was I thinking? Anyways, I made them strip down to their underwear (because nobody wins with paint on their clothes) and away they went. I must admit that they did do a pretty good job. There was no paint spilled on the carpet!

Aves taking a turn!

This is one of my favorites. The girls have started to really enjoy playing outside (without me having to be out there!) One thing that they do everytime is set up a garage sale. While it is kinda annoying that they get everything out and scatter it all over the driveway~ I think that it is so cute to see their imaginations work. They set up a garage sale and then they take turns being the "payer" and the "cashier". The interactions between them are so adorable. They ask each other "is this for sale?" and "what size is this?" and "do you have anything that will fit my baby?" and on and on. So precious! I pray everyday that they will continue to love each other and enjoy each others company as they grow up!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment