Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It really worked!

One of the crafts that we did for VBS was a "dirt buddy". It is a nylon filled with grass seed and potting soil. I was pretty excited about doing them, but got so busy that I forgot to make one ahead of time to make sure they worked. On Saturday before VBS it finally hit me that I really should make one and see what happens. So I made one and waited to see. Well, the dirt buddy was Monday nights craft, so mine still didn't have enough time to do anything. So I did alot of praying that they would work and we did the craft Monday night as planned. The kids each made one, so we brought it home and waited, and waited...

Much to our delight our dirt buddies came to life in no time at all!! I took these pics so that I would have proof that they really did work! Jaidey is sooooo proud of her dirt buddy and is awaiting the day that she can finally give it a hair cut!! And lesson learned~when planning a craft for about 100 kids, I really should make them ahead of time and make sure they are a success!

0 comments: