Monday, July 12, 2010

Jackson's adventures

So I want to give my buddy a little blog time since most of them have been about the girls lately. Jackson has been a very busy boy. He is loving playing baseball and learning and improving more and more every game. I had to post this pic of him in his catcher gear because I think that it is so cute. Now I know that baseball and cute probably shouldn't be in the same sentence, but I figure I'm the Mom~so it's ok. I know better than to tell him he looks cute in his gear, but on here I can say he is cute. He looks so tiny and completely overwhelmed by all the gear. He likes it though, it is kinda funny when he plays catcher~ he is in a zone and is like a little robot. He gets in position when the inning starts and doesn't hardly move a muscle. He catches the ball and tosses it behind him... catches the ball and tosses it behind him and so on for the whole inning. I think that watching him play catcher is very entertaining!



The last week of school Jackson had field day at school. I was very curious to attend this event and see what goes on. This was our first field day at BCCS. I remember field day from when I was little and it was a huge deal. We had races and were timed and all kinds of competitions and then at the end we got ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Well, times have changed and we could not imagine that they would do that anymore. Apparently the competition and awards is not ok anymore. No one keep score and everyone wins. So, off to field day we go. And it was soooo much fun. Now they do have events, but no one keeps score and everybody wins. The kids love it and probably don't know any different. They had a riot running around kicking a shoe and walking in ski's and pouring water all over each other. Times have changed, but the enthusiam and energy of the little kiddos has not!






This was a crowd favorite. One kid had to fill up a cup with water and run to another kid who was holding a two liter over his face and pour the water in the two liter. Needless to say the kid with the two liter gets soaked. Confusing I know, but it was hilarious!




Another one of Jackson's favorite things to do is the high ropes course at Sandy Pines. Here he is getting harnessed in.





And up he goes to accomplish walking across all sorts of obstacles while way up high (I am terrible with guessing heights, so I dare not even guess how high they are in the air~but I do know it's pretty high!) Jackson started off by just doing the easy ones and was pretty timid about the whole situation, but each time he gets up there he gains more confidence and tries one new element each time. It truly amazes me that he can do this. I am an adult and I still am kinda scared at the thought of getting up there!






Seriously~how scary is this? I am so proud of Jackson! You are a brave and strong little boy!







Another one of Jackson's fav things to do. Have a campfire. And of course he can't just sit and enjoy it he has to be constantly poking at it and throwing whatever he can find that is burnable onto the fire. He has had quite a few big blazes going. Boys will be boys right??








0 comments: