Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting beautiful!

So, I decided that it was time. The girls and I have not had a hair cut in several months, so I finally broke down and made an appointment. Jaideyn's hair has been a mess lately due to all of her pool swimming and our water at Sandy Pines, so I asked Heather what we should do about it~ praying that she would not answer that we had to cut it off!!! Well, she said that there was a treatment that she could do to help strip all of the chemicals out. So I of course jumped on that idea! Little did I know it would be such a process. She shampooed, conditioned, put the business in and then Jaideyn got a little cap on her head and had to sit under the dryer for 30 minutes.

That is a long time to sit under the dryer for a 5 year old. But of course our "little princess" thought it was just FABULOUS! She ate it right up. She enjoyed every minute of being pampered and felt like such a big girl! I must note that the funniest part of the day was when a lady sitting in a chair across the way said a little too loudly (as always happens in salons because of all the noise) "Is that mom really coloring her daughters hair?" I laughed out loud. Seriously? Do people really think a 5 year old is getting a color done? I kinda wanted to say yes and play along just to hear her reaction, but that wouldn't be very nice now would it??? Maybe some people do that, but not this mamma. I don't even color my own hair, let alone our 5 year olds!!


And of course a pic of Avery getting a haircut. For some reason I feel like I have to take a pic everytime she get it cut, and I'm not really sure why. She's 3. Maybe I am just so excited that she finally has hair to cut, so I feel like I need to document it. The poor girl didn't have hardly any hair for the first year and a half of her life. She still doesn' t have much, but we can work with it! She also loves getting her hair cut. She is perma grin the whole time!


Mema even came for a visit to the salon. Just a cute pic of her and the kiddos!!




0 comments: