Thursday, January 28, 2010

"That kid"

While posting this picture (and laughing) I started thinking about our little Aves and how much she has blessed and changed our lives! God truly knew what he was doing by sending Aves into our lives. Life with Avery has been very busy, exciting, funny,exhausting and humbling. I decided that she is pretty much "that kid" in life.
She is "that kid" that~
~always has a dirty face
~always has messy hair
~runs away when I call her
~gets into everything she knows she is not supposed to
~always has a runny nasty nose
~hides in the clothes racks at a store until I am freaking out because I can't find her
~says "stop talking to me!"
~spills all her food on her shirt
~runs around crazy everwhere
~won't sit still while we are out to dinner
~wants to wear her Spiderman shirt when all the other girls have dresses on
~and that is the short list!!
You know "that kid" that I am talking about! She is all that and more. Three years ago I never would have dreamed we would have that kid. But, now we have Avery and we know what it's like. I must say I know that we are to blame because we spent the last 3 years laughing at (or with her) because she is so silly. She has so much personality and we have always just laughed. We think that it is cute and hilarious. Even when she tells me to "stop talking to her" I would laugh. She has taught us to be more patient and laid back about things. It doesn't bother me so much now if the kids have messy hair or a stained shirt or if they are running around when they should be sitting quietly. They are kids. Of course Avery takes it to extremes and needs to be reeled in quite often, but she is truly one independant girl.
Anyways, the picture I posted was taken at old navy about a month ago. I was shopping with a friend and Avery got out of her stroller and decided she needed to wander around. I could see her, but I wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing. When I went over to get her~I found her sitting on the dog statue "going for a ride" as she put it! Seriously?? I laughed and the first thing I did was get out my camera. If one of the other kids would have done this at that age (which they never would have dared to do!) I would have freaked out and yelled at them to get off the dog immediately. But, with Aves, you just have to laugh!
I love you so much Aves and thank you for bringing laughter and fun into our lives!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool post Jill ~ I couldn't have described our Aves any better!
Sure do love her!!!! Mom