Monday, January 11, 2010

We must be doing something right!

The other night after all the kids were in bed and supposed to be sleeping our little Aves starts crying and calling for me. I went into her room and she told me "she just couldn't fall asleep." I did something I never do~I let her get up and sit with me in the living room. Avery was quite sick with a stuffy nose and cough and I truly believed her that she couldn't sleep. Not that getting up would help, but I felt bad for her. So, we sat for awhile and then she decided that she needed to play for a little while. So, I let her play. Tim and I were in the kitchen talking and Avery was quiet as a mouse while playing so we let her be. She came into the kitchen a few times to get some paper bags and then went right back to playing. We were watching her the whole time wondering what she was doing. When it seemed like she was done I asked her what all the bags were for and she responded "I'm packing bags of toys to give to the kids who don't have any toys for Christmas!"

Once again this little girl melts our hearts! She doesn't miss a thing and she also has such a kind heart. We often pack up bags of toys to bring to Goodwill and I have just always told them that we have to share our toys with the kids who don't have a lot of toys. Who knew that our little two year old understood this whole concept!

The finished product. All of Avery's hard work for the kids who need toys. I am so thankful that I got her up this night and was able to witness this! Thank you God for little blessings!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so precious Jill!! Love her lots - Mema