Friday, January 1, 2010

Let the fun begin!


On Wednesday night we opened stockings with the kiddos. This event was almost more anticipated than the Christmas presents they were going to open. The kids have been intrigued with the stocking since we put them up the day after Thanksgiving. Avery does not remember the stockings from last year, so this was all new to her. The other 2 just thought the stockings were so neat. When we put them up they were empty and the kids really wanted to know when the presents were coming. Tim and I figured we would have to wait until the day of opening them to put the presents in because our little Avery loves to get into things. We were sure that the temptation would just be too much for her and the minute she had a chance she would tear into them. So we told the kids the presents would come later.
Each morning as the kids got up they would run directly to the stockings and feel them to see if presents were in there yet. After making their daily "check" they would discuss what they might some day find in their stockings. So, Tim and I decided to play along with their little game. We had a bit of fun with it and put one new present in the stocking each night for about a week before we opened them~just so we could see their reactions in the morning.
And I must add that Avery proved us wrong. She enjoyed the daily check of the stockings, but she never tried to take them down or get into them before it was time. We discovered that she may actually have a bit of self restraint after all! We are very proud of her!

Jaideyn was very excited to get a king size version of her favorite candy bar~ and I think she was a bit shocked that this was actually ALL hers!

Avery also showing a bit of disbelief that this ENTIRE bag of gummy worms was all hers!


Here are the kids displaying the fun washcloths that I got for them. I fell in love with them and knew that the girls would love them also. They came in a pack of three, so I just threw one in for Jackson. He was not so thrilled. This was the first time I got "the eye" from him letting me know that he was not very happy about his gift. I knew that he would think it was weird that he got one too~but I didn't expect such a grown up response. Our little Jackson is growing up! He did his best to be thankful and we were able to laugh about it~so all is well!
So the stocking did not contain anything too fabulous, but the process and the opening of the presents was so much fun! I think that we have a new Koster family tradition~ and we can't wait to do it all again next year.





1 comments:

Bradi said...

Um, I would like to come hang my stocking at your house next year.
Mine remains empty year after year...apparently BJK never received the Stocking Memo from Santa when we got married. I would love a washcloth puppet! ;)