On Monday the 18th Jackson was a part of his school musical "Roamin' through Roman's." We were all looking forward to this so much. The kids do a musical every year and they are so neat. Jackson had a great time practicing and telling us about it.
This year the musical required that Jackson wear a toga. Where does one get a toga? Oh~ you don't just go out and get one~you make one! My field of expertise does not involve making clothes, so I was a bit overwhelmed on how to make this work. So, upon instruction from the music teacher we set out on a journey to make a toga. We purchased material and a cord from the fabric store. The instructions said that we could just pin the material and make the toga. This worked fine and I thought I could just pin him in really good right before the musical and call it good.
Later the teacher sent home a note saying the kids had to bring their togas to school on Monday and put it on for rehersal. This does not work with a toga that is to be pinned tightly the night of the musical. There was no way he was getting in and out of that thing by himself. So, plan B must be put into effect. So, it was decided that plan B was for me to dig out my sewing machine and sew this toga so that Jackson could get in and out of this thing on his own~all while keeping the material from falling apart.
Make a toga we did! I hauled out the sewing machine and Jackson helped me read the instructions on how to thread it and about a half hour later we began sewing! Jackson thought this was the coolest thing! The toga turned out fine and Jackson was so proud of it. Who knew that sewing could be such a bonding moment for Jackson and I!!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Roamin' through Romans
Posted by Jill at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen to that Jill!! So proud of my "Susie Sewing Daughter"!!!
just catching up on your blog - too cute!! I really missed not making it to the BCCS musical, but Dave decided to break his leg that day. I love the pics of Avery packing up her little gift bags!
Post a Comment