Sunday, March 20, 2011

His first drive

Since Jackson was a baby he has loved mowing the lawn with Tim. When he was little he would sit on Tims lap and giggle and be perma grin the whole time. As he got older he would start steering the mower and playing with all the buttons while riding. Everytime Tim would go out and mow Jackson would follow and plan to ride along. It was a special bonding moment for father and son. This summer Tim still let Jackson ride~but he is really too big to sit on his lap. I think they just made it work because that's always how its been. Jackson and Dad mow the lawn.

At the end of the summer they were out mowing the lawn and I hear a knock on the window. I look out and I see Jackson driving the mower around the road. I didn't even know what to think. I was shocked and scared and sad all at once. And then the tears started. And then Tim said "stop crying and come out here and take pics of your son!" Well, ok then, but I need to have my moment.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. It is amazing how such random events can trigger such emotion from a mom! (And the tears are flowing again!) My baby who used to jump up and down and giggle at even the mention of riding the mower with Dad (and yes, he still did it at 7) is now driving the mower. Say its not so! He is growing up and I'm not sure where the time has gone. In no time he will be mowing the lawn by himself.

I am so proud of my little boy and love wathcing him grow up. He has matured in so many ways and he truly enjoys helping out and doing things for Dad around the house~which we appreciate and I know I will learn to love. But, sometimes Mommy just wants her little boy to stay little for a bit longer!

On to the next season of life.......


0 comments: