Sunday, March 20, 2011

Charlton Park

This fall we went on a field trip with our homeschool friends to Charlton Park. I had never heard of it before, but we were all looking forward to the adventure. Here the kids learned all about what it was like to live like a pioneer.

They spent some time in the school house seeing what it was like to go to school back in the day (I think that it made them thankfull for out cozy little school room!)


Jackson writing on his blackboard.








The kids also went into a house and were able to prepare a meal just like they did in years past.
The kids were in charge of making soup and butter for the bread. They also had to wash the dishes and iron the clothes. The kids thought it was so neat. I wonder if they would think it was so neat if they had to do it everyday???? It was a great learning experience for them.




Peeling and cutting up all of the veggies was definately the favorite part.






And churning the butter.







Jaideyn tried her hand at ironing clothes. She did great. I think that I will keep that in mind.....








0 comments: