Monday, February 28, 2011

Carving pumpkins

This year we carved pumpkins with the Dejong family. In years past we have had to do all of the carving for the kids, but this year Jackson decided that he was going to give it a try. Jackson is our nervous one and I think that the idea of using a knife has always scared him. But this year he decided it was time. He carved the whole pumpkin by himself~BUT he will not stick his hands inside to get all of the goo out. We still have to do that for him. I'm not sure if he will ever grow out of that one!

Jaideyn did all of her drawing by herself this year. She created a fabulous face on her pumpkin.


Avery just wasn't sure about the whole situation. I'm not sure if there was too much business going on, or it the dark scared her or what. But she just sat on the step with Rocky and took it all in with a very uncertain look on her face. Gotta love it!



This is our crazy girl! As soon as Tim cut off the top to her pumpkin she dug right in with both hands and had a great time pulling out all the goo! That's what I like to see!




The kiddos displaying their works of art!





0 comments: