Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our wonderful weekend!

It finally arrived! We have been planning and talking about this weekend for what seems like forever, and we enjoyed every minute of it! Mark and Diana were married on Saturday and we all were invited to participate in the wedding! It started out on Friday night with the rehearsal and then dinner at Ucello's. We met at 6 at Covenant Church to practice for the wedding. Jackson and Jaideyn were the ring bearer and flower girl. They were very excited about the wedding and being a part of it! Tim and I were also in the wedding and were very excited about that also! I must admit that I was very nervous about all 4 of us being in the wedding and I was wondering how I could possibly do it, but by the grace of God- everything went perfectly!!!

Here are the kiddos posing for a pic after the rehearsal. They both took their job very seriously- and did exactly what they were asked to do! It was so awesome to see!


Diana and Jaideyn. Diana made this bouquet of ribbons from all of her showers to use at the rehearsal. After we were done Diana gave the ribbon bouquet to Jaideyn. Jaideyn thought that was the neatest thing in the world. It is still sitting on her night stand and she says that we can't play with it. We can only look at it because she doesn't want to ruin it!!!!

After the rehearsal the kids got a present for doing so well. As you can see Jackson was very happy about his gift. It was a new game for his gameboy!




Jaideyn was very surprised when she opened her gift. It was her very first Barbie! She has been begging for barbie's for at least a year now, but we have always said no. We told her she had to be older to get barbie's. But, we allowed it this time- it was a very special occasion!





Saturday morning at 9 all of the girls in the wedding party, the moms and even Diana's grandma went to Authentics to get our hair done for the wedding. It was so much fun to be able to do it all together. And of course it was extra special for me because Jaideyn was able to get her hair done! It was the most precious thing to watch. She loved every minute of it. It probably took 45 minutes to do her hair and she sat still the entire time. She was having the time of her life. I was a bit nervous that we were creating a diva- but hey- it was all for Uncle Mark and Aunt Diana's wedding!!!




Mema getting her hair done!





The almost finished product! Isn't she cute?!
After our hair was done we headed to the Church to get dressed and ready for pics. It was a lot of work, but everyone in the wedding party was so helpful and they were all very good to the kids. That helped soooo much! We spend several hours getting our pics taken and the kids did great. Avery came to the church and was able to be in some of the pics also. That was neat to have the whole family there. Thank you to Aunt Laura for letting Avery stay with you Fri night and for bringing her to the Church. Thank you Bradi for coming and picking Avery up after pics. I am so thankful that you offered to help out and we appreciate you so much!!








In between pics we had some time to just hang out. This was Jaideyn's attire during that time. We didn't want her to get her dress dirty, so we threw on a sweater and she ran around in her tights. Good thing she is only 3 and had no idea why everyone was laughing at her.








This is how Jackson spent his down time! Laying on the Church pew watching a movie!
Then it was time for the big event! The wedding went perfectly, the kids did awesome and were so cute. There were a few happy tears cried (by me!) as the kids were walking down the aisle. What an awesome experience. I am so thankful for it!!
After the wedding we headed to the reception for dinner.

A pic of the head table.



The happy bride and groom's first dance!




Mark and my Mom dancing!
So, that's about all the pics I have of the night. I am very excited to see what the photographer captured! (oh, she has a blog that she posted some pics on- check it out! http://www.imagesofessence.com) I will defininetly post more pics when I get them!
Anyways, thank you to Mark and Diana for the wonderful evening. We are so excited for you guys and we love you very much! Have a wonderful honeymoon and we look forward to seeing you again soon! May God bless your marriage!








The aftermath of the "wedding hair!!" It was great while it was all put up, not so fabulous when it was all taken out. (Yes we did end up cutting knots out of her hair!!) There were a few tears on Jaideyn's part as I was brushing it out- but she will tell you it was definitely worth having it done!
The kids did such an awesome job at the wedding and reception that we treated them to a day at the water park on Sunday! The out of town wedding guest were all staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Cutlerville and it has a mini water park in it. So, we took advantage of it and took the kids there for the day on Sunday. They were very excited and enjoyed running around and just being crazy kids again. They had to do "adult stuff" all weekend, so it was their time to go crazy!








Jackson racing down the water slide!






Jackson and Jaideyn having fun. I don't have very many pics of Jackson these days because he thinks that it is hilarious to run away as I am taking a pic of him. And I must admit he usually gets away before I snap the pic. This time I caught him though. As you can see he is on his way out- but I was too quick for him this time!!!




Avery jumping off the side of the pool to Tim.


Aw, sister's- aren't they a beautiful thing??!!






























































1 comments:

Bradi said...

Hi, I'm a little slow...where is the link to the pics you were talking about? P.S. Raegan has been playing "wedding" ever since we watched the video at your house. =)
Have a great Easter!