Monday, March 30, 2009

about that big girl bed......

So, as the story goes... When all of the wedding planning began Mark and Diana asked Jackson and Jaideyn to be in the wedding. We were very excited about it and started thinking of "a bribe" for the kids to ensure that they did well at the wedding. Jaideyn has been asking for a big girl bed for awhile now and we told her for her 4th birthday she could get a big girl bed! Well, we got the bright idea that we would give her a big girl bed if she did good at the wedding! She was so excited and could not wait for the wedding to get here! This all started about 3 months ago- so the wedding seemed so far away. No worries!
As time went on other things came about- Mark and Diana bought them gifts for being in the wedding, Papa and Mema bought them a gift for being in the wedding, and we were able to spend the day at the water park. So, they did end up getting rather spoiled over the weekend.
We thought all was well and that we were done with the wedding stuff and the big girl bed forgotten about- until this morning our precious little Jaideyn says "Mom, remember when you told me that I could have a big girl bed if I did good at Uncle Mark's wedding?" I said yes, honey I remember- and kinda waited to see what she would say and her response was simply "about that big girl bed....!" I laughed and said what about the big girl bed? and she just stared at me! Well, it seems like a bit of overkill at this point (how many gifts does one need to be in a wedding?) but a promise is a promise! So out came the crib and in went the big girl bed!

Here are the girls enjoying Jaideyn's new big girl bed! A fun part of the story is that as soon as we started working in her room Jaideyn decided that she needed to put her "pretty" skirt and shirt on to get ready for her big girl bed. Then once the bed was finished she had to change into her mona to lay on the bed because apparently that seemed more appropriate. It is amazing how at 3 she is already concerned about wearing the appropriate attire for each event in her life!


Here she is playing her leapster in bed for a few minutes before "lights out!"



My baby girl all snuggled up in her big girl bed. She seems much too little to have such a big bed. I must admit that I am regretting this promise that I made to Jaideyn! I am certainly struggling with letting her grow up! She is my baby and I am not ready for this transition. Her crib is basically all that is left of her baby and toddler years and now that is gone! My baby has grown up!


Well, the big girl bed is a success! Jaideyn is sound asleep as I am writing this. It didn't take long at all! And I must add that "peeply" is not in the big girl bed with her! That was one of the conditions of getting a big girl bed way before the wedding thing came about. She must get rid of peeply because big girls don't need to sleep with peeply! Jaideyn decided last week that she would be giving peeply to Aunt Missy's baby girl because she is new and will need a peeply to keep her safe and happy! She came up with idea all on her own and we are playing along. Jaideyn told me that "tonight you need to wash peeply up real nice so that it will smell good for the baby!" So, Aunt Missy beware- you have a peeply headed your way sometime real soon!!



2 comments:

Bradi said...

Oh my goodness YAY Jaidey!!
What a big big girl~ so many changes!

Oh and LOVE the bedding too...it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

"Lil Miss Jaidey" you are growing up so fast! Mema is very proud of you! Did the thumb go away with the peeply? I love her bed and bedding! So girly girl :)