Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Making salsa

Every year we make and can salsa. Our family eats it all the time and we love to share it with our friends. Usually our friends Brent and Missy come over on a weekend night and after the kids are all in bed we start making salsa. With the four of us we are able to bust it out and get it done in a night. Well, this year our friends decided they were done with salsa, so we were on our own. So, I decided to do it a little at a time and put the kids to work. The girls were all about it and couldn't wait to dig into that big bowl of tomatoes. They of course told me they had to take their clothes of "because they are too messy and didn't want to stain their clothes!" (I do appreciate that. The less laundry for mom to do the better!)
So, off we went. Tim and the kids peeled the tomatoes and cut them up and I put it all together in a pan and then the kids stirred it for me.

Surprisingly they stuck with it the whole time. I think it made them feel important. And they did a great job. Jackson didn't want his picture taken this day... so no blog time for him!

After we were done the girls begged to wash the dishes. I do really appreciate their willingness to help, but it reality it means a big huge water mess for me to clean up. But, I couldn't tell them no. So there they stood washing dishes and chatting like teenagers. (All while in their "pannies!")
The salsa turned out great and we are enjoying it with just about every meal!

0 comments: