Monday, September 8, 2008

First day of school!

It is finally here! I am a bit late on this post, but better late than never right? So, here is Jackson's first day of school. Did I mention that he is in kindergarten? I still can't believe it myself! It came so fast I'm not sure where the summer went- oh and the last five years! Am I really that old? I have mixed emotions about bubba starting school. I am very sad that my baby boy is leaving to attend school everyday, but I am so excited for him. He loves it so much and is learning so much I can't even believe it! He is ready, but the question is, is mom ready? Most days- yes- but it is becoming real. I can no longer shelter my baby from the ways of the world, he is out on his own every morning of the week and I can't be there! How scary is that? I just pray for him everyday that what we have taught him is going to stay with him and that Jesus is in his heart and will keep him safe!

So small in such a big world!
Sitting at his assigned seat!
The wonderful Mrs. Kloostra! Our favorite kindergarten teacher!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, those pics brought tears to my eyes!! I can still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday! Papa and I pray for him daily and thank God for your committment to Chr. Ed.
Love ya all, Mom

mb said...

wow! its crazy to realize that jackson is that old! but i guess more importantly- you are that old! haha :)