Last week Jaideyn started swimming lessons with Mrs. Rita. I was very nervous going into it because I thought that Jaidey would cry and scream the whole time. She is the one that would cry every time we washed her hair in the bath and would plug her ears because she didn't like water in them. So, I warned Rita and told her that Jaideyn will be a tough one. Well, Ms. Jaideyn, I am very proud to say that you proved me wrong!! There were absolutely no tears or screaming and it turns out she loves it! It helped that Jackson had been through it before and he was a very kind big brother to give her a pep talk the first day! The big thing was- no crying or mom will have to go in the house! So, maybe that is what did it-I don't know, but she never shed a tear and she jumped right in and is doing awesome!
She even jumps off the diving board and swims to the ladder without help!
This is the big one for the kids! They are all very nervous at first, but very proud when they finish. They have to jump in and swim to the other end of the pool. As you can see here Jaidey fought it a bit at first, but once she did it she was excited! Swimming lessons are the best. Not only is it fun for the kids and gives them a new self confidence- it takes a load off moms shoulders to know that they can swim!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Swimming lessons
Posted by Jill at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jaideyn, I am soooo proud of you. you'll be an awsome swimmer some day!
Lots of love, Mema
Jill,
How exciting! So happy that Jaideyn loved it. RG's start next week~ Yikes.
Say a little prayer for me!
Post a Comment