This is random, but I have to post it so that I remember it. It is a confirmation of an earlier post......about Jaideyn being everything that I am not.
Jaideyn has a huge LOVE for the tigers. I like watching them also.....but I just watch while doing other things and then move on. I do not commit it to memory.
Anyways, tonight I was driving home from getting groceries with Jaideyn and I told her the Tigers were on tonight. She got super excited and asked if she could watch the game. I told her it started at 8pm so she would be able to watch a bit of the game. She was freaking out with happiness! Then she said to me "Oh I wonder who is pitching...probably Scherzer." I replied that I didn't think so because he pitched last night (which I now realize he did not). Jaideyn said "no Mom, Fister pitched last night and Verlander was the night before. So, I'm sure it is either Scherzer or Sanchez."
When she said this I laughed and told Tim about it when we got home.....thinking he would laugh also. He did not. I think he was one proud Dad. Because it turns out she was exactly right. I did a little research (yup, I had to look it up) and discovered~Fister was last night, Verlander Tuesday night, Sanchez was tonight and Scherzer is scheduled for Saturday night.
How does she know this stuff!? She just gets it. For me it is just entertainment and fun to watch for an evening (part of the reason I laughed was because I was sure she made up the name Sanchez. Nope she did not. He is a pitcher for the Tigers. Who knew?) I don't worry about details. Just whether they won or lost. Jaide knows the pitching schedule. Oh how I love her little mind. All in a nice little organized compartment where details matter. Oh I so wish I had that brain.....and she is only 8!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment