Saturday, September 25, 2010

Koster family fun

All of the Koster cousins.

We spend quite a bit of time at Grandpa and Grandma's house in the summer enjoying the lake. The kiddos enjoy tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, blue boarding and swimming. Thankfully Michaela is a wonderful big cousin and always offers to go tubing with Aves~she loves it!








This summer our kids showed an interest in knee boarding. They have never done it before and decided that this was the year to do it. Because I am a nervous Mom when water is involved I made Avery go with Dad the first time. She wasn't sure if she liked it at first, but she soon got used to it and found her smile!

Jackson has his older cousins to look up to~so he had to try it himself. Off he went with Kaden on his first ride. He did awesome!







And Jaidey was not going to sit by and miss out on this opportunity. She jumped right on a knee board and announced she was ready. This made me very nervous, but Tim helped her get started and away she went!







Amazingly Jaide found her balance and stayed upright the whole time. She was a bit nervous at first also, but she quickly found her smile and was perma grim the whole time!





Aves having a riot!



The pics are out of order again...wish I could change them. Oh well. Here is Jaidey getting started!







Finding her balance













And then Mom gave in to Dad and Aves. Aves wanted to go by herself and I really wanted to say no. Can you say anxiety attack? Seriously, a 3 year old should not be alone in the open water with no one to hold onto her! Tim convinced me that she would be fine and on the board she went. That 3rd child is always getting away with things I tell ya! Anyways, Avery hopped on the board and Tim helped her get started. In true Aves fashion she took off with out even a wobble. She was perma grin and was going in and out of the wake and laughing as if she had been doing it for years. Oh what am I going to do with this independant child? I suppose this is God's way of preparing me for what is to come......













0 comments: