Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Florida

I am relaxing and enjoying the sunshine in Fort Walton Beach Florida! It has been sunny and in the upper 80's since I got here. This is how a vacation should be! I am so happy to be spending time with Chad- it is going to be very hard to leave!! Here are a few pics that we have taken so far.
This is the crazy pool that I hung out at on Monday. There is this huge rock structure with waterfalls coming down all the way around. If you go through the waterfalls and into the rock structure there is a swim up bar! It looks fabulous and sounds cool, but the water is absolutely freezing cold. Straight out of the hose and for some reason never warms up. I did not venture into this pool on Monday afternoon. When Chad was done with his conference we did end up jumping into the "ice" pool just for fun, but we didn't last very long and headed straight to the hot tub!

Monday afternoon we took a walk on the beach. It is amazing. The sand is the whitest sand I have ever seen. This is a view looking back at our hotel from the pier that we walked on.

Our beautiful pic from the pier. It was very sunny- thus the squinty eyes!


Another pic from the pier.


This one is for you Jackson, Jaideyn and Avery. This is the closest I could come to getting a pic of a sea creature. This is a stork and they are all over the place- and they are not afraid of people, so they just hang out on the beach and in the water by everyone!!!


Tonight we went into Destin to check out some shops and have dinner. We ended up going to a really cool Irish Pub. They had awesome food and the atmospere was fun! They had dollar bills signed with people's names on them hanging all over the walls and ceiling.



We are having a great time here in Florida. It might be hard for me to leave this beautiful place and Chad, but I am so thankfull that I had the opportunity to be here!
ps- mom the cookies are already gone and I did not even get one!!!!





3 comments:

mb said...

wow! looks like the two of you are having a blast! say hi to my brother for me!

Anonymous said...

Chad glad you enjoyed the cookies! Looks like you two are having a great time - wish I was there! Love you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jill, I'm truly disappointed that you didn't post your shark picture.

Hello Mark. Thanks for the cookies, Mom.

Chad