Monday, August 31, 2009

More Florida

Some more Florida pics-per Chad's request. When I posted the first time the swimming and "shark" pics had not been taken yet. So here they are. This is a pic of me in the ocean. This is the first time that I have ever gotten into the ocean. All my life I have had an irrational shark fear. I could never get myself to go into the ocean because there are sharks in there. So, we had to document the very first time, and also because no one would really believe I did it unless it was on camera!
The ocean where we stayed was beautiful. It was totally clear with awesome white sand. The bottom was suprisingly clean. I think that is why I was able to go in. Usually there is all kinds of junk on the bottom. Shells, critters and who knows what else. This time it was clean and passed inspection for swimming!


While in the ocean we did a bit of snorkeling. Chad went first and was looking around a bit and then came up behind me like this. Totally trying to freak me out. We got a good laugh out of it!!
Finally I got really brave and tried snorkeling. I must admit it was pretty cool! I too had to have little fun and be a shark for a minute. You can't see it as well, but we had a good time with it!


A fun pic of Chad and I that we took of ourselves.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic - I never would have believed you!! I'm laughing just thinking of the fun you two had!! Love you both!!

Anonymous said...

Just looked at the pics again - LOVE that shark fin Chad! LOL

Bradi said...

No wonder you called a water bird a 'sea-creature'... =)
You brave soul! Who knows, maybe I'll get you to scuba dive with me someday!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Jill. I just went scuba diving today. We went down to 120ft, but didn't see any sharks. We actually tried to find some. We did go through some cool lava caves, though. The scuba diving in Okinawa is amazing.

Chad