Monday, June 29, 2009

We did it!!!!

One of our new projects this summer has been our tomato and pepper plants. I have always wanted to do a vegetable garden, but lacked the confidence to go ahead and plant one. I have a hard time keeping any type of flower or plant alive, so the task of a whole garden seemed very daunting! Well, after alot of pushing from Jackson, I decided that we would give it a try! I thought that we should try it out on a smaller scale first. So, we went and bought one tomato plant, four pepper plants, two big pots and some dirt. The kids planted them and we put them out on the deck to grow. I was very uncertain if we could actually accomplish it and I said alot of prayers that the tomatoes and peppers would grow so that the kids wouldn't be dissapointed!


Well, look what we have here! We did it! Thank you lord for sending us tomatoes and peppers! The kids are so excited! Of course they had no idea it could fail, so they expected tomatoes and peppers all along- and patiently waited! Our tomato plant has about 12 tomatoes on it already!

Here Jackson is proudly showing off our pepper plants!

And here is our first pepper! It may be tiny, but it brought huge smiles to the kids faces!!
So, lesson learned-I must not be afraid to take on certain tasks just because they seem overwhelming! The joy it brings to the kids is worth way more than any stress I may encounter along the way!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post!! So exciting for the kids and their Mommy too! Hope I get to taste the results!
Love ya, Mom

Bradi said...

Yay! Potted "gardens" are truly so fun (and alot less work!).
Tomatoes are pretty much a 'no fail' so keep it up next year and the kids will think it's the coolest. Can't wait to sample some of your salsa from your home-grown veggies! =)