Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's new?!

We have been busy the last month and I have been informed that it is time to update my blog- so Mema- this is for you! Just random pics of what we have been up to! This 1st pic is of Avery getting another haircut last night. She has had tons of haircuts, but for some reason I always feel the need to take out the camera and take pics of it!

Avery and her buddy Ty (or Ty guy as Avery likes to call him) doing a little puzzle.


This one may suprise you! I am slipping a little bit. Don't they always say that the last kid always gets away with soooooo much more than the others were allowed??? The other day we were grocery shopping and I let the kids each pick out a lunchable. Well, of course Jackson wanted the one with juice in it and the girls had to follow suit. When we got home to eat lunch Avery asked if she could have her juice box. I always have said no to this in the past, but this time I said yes- just to see if she would like it. I didn't think that she would, but to my suprise she loved it! She wanted to down the whole thing immediately, but I had to put a stop to that. There are limits-right? So anyways, Avery loves juice. Jaideyn still will not drink it, but that's not a bad thing!



Our new friend Claire Sophia Haverdink was born on May 12! Jaideyn and I went up to the hospital to meet her and Missy was kind enough to let Jaideyn hold Claire! Jaideyn was so excited to meet Claire and was very thankful her name wasn't really Gert! Claire sure is the cutest little peanut ever!!!!




What's that you see? Yes, it really is Tim on the lawn mower! He decided that it was finally time to mow the lawn and Avery couldn't have been happier (me either!!) All of the kids love to ride on the mower with Tim and they look forward to it all summer!






Just Avery being Avery!





Jackson had a cool field trip to the GVSU gymnastics gym and I was able to go along. They were able to take turns doing activities with the GVSU students and try out alot of fun equipment. Here Jackson is hanging from the bar being a goofball.

Jackson hanging from the rings. It was a really neat experience for the kids and also for me. I am so thankfull that I got to go and it is very cool to watch all the kids and see them have so much fun!

Jackson has started playing baseball this sping. What a riot! It is so awesome to watch these little kids ages 6-8 running around and trying to get the hang of the game! Jackson is doing very well. At first he did not have a clue but it seems with each game he is doing better and better.
In the beginning he would hit the ball and just stand there and forget to run, or another time he ran to first base- but never stepped on the base and just kept running. It was hilarious, but he is getting a bit better now! He usually remembers to run and step on first base! Overall his team is doing a great job and we are really enjoying watching Jackson grow up!








2 comments:

mb said...

thanks for the update tilly! it feels like its been forever since i last saw the kids, so its great to see what they have been up to lately! oh, but dont worry, diana and i will be in town this weekend to see the kids! (oh, we'll see you and tim too i guess...) :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Jill! I love seeing all the pics of the kids and you will treasure these forever!! Love ya, Mom