Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Jaideyn!

Happy birthday Jaideyn! On May 17 our baby girl turned 4! And she will be starting preschool in the fall, so I am guessing it's probably time to stop calling her my baby girl! Usually for the kids birthdays we let them pick where they would like to go for their birthday. This has meant many a trips to Chuckie's and Craigs Cruisers- and of course our wonderful Aves chose McDonald's! Well, for Jaideyn's birthday we decided we are going to start something new (because the adults could not stand the idea of going to Chuckie's again). We decided that we would go to Papa and Mema's house for supper and Jaideyn could pick her favorites for dinner and Mema would make them. Jaideyn was very excited about this idea and thought that it was awesome. Our menu consisted of hot dogs on the grill, beans, chips and cauliflower with cheese sauce! It was interesting! Also, Mema said that Jaideyn could pick out what kind of cake that she wanted-which thrilled Jaideyn because she has had her eye on the Barbie cake at Meijers for about a year now! So, the Barbie cake it is, and as you can see Jaideyn loved it!

Avery loved it too!

Jaideyn was very happy to be able to lick off the knife after Mema cut the cake!


The morning of Jaideyn's birthday there was a present waiting for her to open in the living room when she woke up!




For her birthday Jaideyn wanted scooters for her ponies. She has one already that was a hand me down from our neice and she plays with it all the time. Well, Tim and I looked everywhere for those little scooters and had no luck finding them (we are thinking they don't make them anymore???) Anyways, we decided that we should check on ebay and see what we could find. We were pleasantly suprised to find that someone was selling a lot of 6 scooters and it came with the ponies, helmets and several accessories! It wasn't going to expire for about 3 days, so we patiently watched it over the next few days and prayed that it wouldn't get too expensive! We put in a max bid and hoped that it would be enough because we knew that it was the perfect gift for Jaideyn. Our prayers were answered and we won the scooters and stuff for $11.50. What a deal! I am certain we would have paid more than that in the store for only ONE scooter, so we were pumped! And yes, Jaideyn absolutely loves her scooters and plays with them everyday!


Her favorite present by far is her new bike and helmet from Papa and Mema!!





One last pic of the Barbie cake!
We also celebrated Jaideyn's birthday with the Koster family! Jaideyn was able to go shopping with Grandma and pick out a couple of things for her birthday! She was so very excited to be able to spend time going out with Grandma "all by myself" and she stated! Jaideyn picked out a couple of new Barbie's while she was with Grandma. She loves them and plays with them daily!
Unfortunately I do not have any pics of this event. As we were walking into the garage the night of the birthday party at Grandpa and Grandma's Avery decided that it would be a good idea to throw up! So, I turned right back around- got in the van and headed back home! Well, the camera was still in the car and I didn't realize it until after I left, so Tim wasn't able to take any pics! So Grandma- if you have any that you could share with me that would be great!!
Wow- how time flies! Happy 4th birthday to my baby girl (I can't give up that part yet!)








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 4 already either!! Such a sweet girl!!
Mema loves you Jaideyn.

Bradi said...

I'm a little delayed in checking your blog but the pics are adorable. Raegan would have died to see that princess cake! She's been eyeing that puppy at Meijers too but I told her she has to wait until she's 10. Until then, only homemade cakes for her... J/K =)