This past Saturday Jaideyn had her much anticipated dance recital (or "recycle" as Jaidey calls it!) She has been practicing for the last year for this recital. She was very excited about it. I must admit I was not as excited about it as she was. It was quite an expensive and time consuming venture. The classes, the costume, the tickets, the rehersal, hair, makeup...... and so on. This was our first year doing dance, so we really were not familiear with all the business that goes into the recital. We are learning though! Oh and I must add that the recital was at 3:00PM on Saturday afternoon (Tim loved that!!) Anyways, we set out getting Jaideyn ready at about 1:00PM on Saturday. We started with the hair and then the makeup and then finally her costume. We were finally ready and out the door at 2:10PM.
Of course we had a little time in there for pictures of our beautiful ballerina! As you can see she was loving this "photo shoot" and had no trouble posing for the pics!
Look at that face. Although it is very strange to see a 4 year old girl all done up with makeup- I think that she looks beautiful (Mom's are allowed to brag about their kid's occasionally- right?) Needless to say Jaidey absolutely loved getting her makeup put on! She knew right away what everything was for and she knew exactly how she should turn her head so that I could put it on properly. She said she learned from watching me! It just goes to show how much they are watching us when we don't even realize it! So here is our little Jaideyn looking a bit too grown up!
Another fabulous pose!
Jaideyn at the end of her recital. Tim and I bought flowers and gave them to her at the end of the show. Jaideyn did awesome in her recital. She did all the dance moves and kept up pretty well! As I said before I was not that excited about the recital, but after seeing it I certainly had a change of heart. It was awesome. All of these girls were dancing their hearts out to Christian music and loving it! Also, it gives the girls so much confidence to get up there and dance with their class! Words really can't explain it, but it was awesome and I am definately looking forward to next year!
3 comments:
dont worry jill, moms are allowed to brag about their kids any time they want! she looks so cute! diana and i really wished we could have been there! tell tweets we love her!
Awww! Okay the make-up freaks me out just a bit. Not sure I'm ready for all of that business at the tender age of 4~
Good thing I have you as a friend so when the girls have their recitals next year I can just send RG your way for her hair and make-up...I don't think I've worn that much stuff on my face since 9th grade..and it NEVER looked that good!
=)
(She looks so proud!-Love it)
Wouldn't have missed that recital for the world! Sat. at 3:00 didn't thrill me but you made it all worthwhile Jaidey!
Post a Comment